About Le Carrefour
Le Carrefour communautaire francophone, also called “Le Carrefour”, is a space that offers a variety of multidisciplinary and integrated services for Francophones and Francophiles to gather and exchange. Officially established in December 2020 at 720 Ouellette Avenue, Le Carrefour aims to bring together on a single site the maximum number of resources and services in French for the community.
As a place that gathers many services in French, Le Carrefour aspire to achieve the following objectives:
- To implement social, cultural, sporting, economic and/or spiritual activities.
- To build a bridge between Francophones and other linguistic communities.
- To normalize and encourage cooperation and consultation between the various Francophone organizations.
- To affirm and defend Franco-Ontarian pride.
Values conveyed by Le Carrefour
* Open to new ideas and know-how
* Share knowledge and information
Fairness & Transparency:
* Acknowledge the particularities and specific needs of each member
* Authenticity and integrity in the ways things are done
* Offer assistance and mutual support amongst the partners to ensure success in servicing the clients of Le Carrefour.
Le Carrefour aims to increase the visibility and vitality of the local Francophone communities, through the three pillars of the strategic plan for French Ontario, “Plan stratégique communautaire (PSC) de l’Ontario français, VERS 2030”, led by AFO (L’Assemblée de la Francophonie de l’Ontario):
2- Plurality (inclusion)
3- Sustainability (lastingness)